Hawaiian Sunset

Saturday, March 3, 2012
This is an exciting post for me because it means that tomorrow I will be heading off on my vacation to Hawaii. I will be sneaking away with my mom for some much needed rest and relaxation as we leave our boys to fend for themselves. To mark the occasion, I created a Hawaiian Sunset manicure. I've seen ones like this before and have always wanted to try it...

I started out with two coats of Color Club Almost Famous (yellow) and sponged towards the base of the nail with Color Club Warhol (neon pink). These are both from the Color Club POPtastic collection and happen to be the same colors used in the flames manicure a few months ago. On top of Warhol, at the base of the nail, I sponged Sinful Colors Let's Talk, a pretty metallic purple. The tip was then sponged with Wet 'n Wild Black Creme.

The palm tree was stamped using Wet 'n Wild Black Creme and Shany plate SC19. Since the stamped palm tree is just an outline and I wanted it fully shaded, I filled in the shape with a small detail brush and black acrylic paint. I love how this turned out. I'm hoping to see a sunset just like this...





Here was the image that I used for inspirations. I found it here. Such an amazing sunset...


I would love to know what you think of this!

Also, just to let you know, I have prepared swatches and some nail art for the time that I will be gone. I do not plan on having internet access, so I will respond to any comments left when I return! :D

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)