Day 27 - Insipired by Artwork

Monday, November 28, 2011
This challenge was inspired by a piece of art work that I stumbled upon on another blog. I have never heard of the artist before, but there was something about the painting that caught my eye. It is from a California based Swalla Stuido. As far as I can tell, this painting, which is no longer for sale, is called "Hope & Dreams".

I went with slightly bluer tones for the background than the original painting (you can see the original at the end of this post). For my base, I used an unnamed Cosmetic Arts polish. I really dislike that it has no name, but the polish is gorgeous. I'll post swatch photos of it eventually. All the other colors are hand mixed acrylic paints. I have been having a lot of fun with acrylics lately. So here is my interpretation of "Hope & Dreams"...




Here is the original painting from Swalla Stuio. As you can see it has a lot more green than I chose to use.


What do you think? Did I do it justice? :)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)