Day 20 - Water Marbled

Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Let's just pretend that this was my first water marbling attempt ever! Tada! Didn't believe me? Yeah, I wouldn't either... I confess, it was not my first or even my second attempt, but I was determined to make something decent for this challenge. My first few attempts were months ago and all of them very unsuccessful. I even had one of my cousins be a guinea pig for me as I repeatedly (and stubbornly) dipped her finger into one marbled pattern after another. She never did get a full manicure (I think I owe her one), but she still recalls the experience fondly ;)

Ever since those failed attempts I have been trying to figure out how to get the pattern out of the water and onto plastic so that I could transfer it to my nail in a less messy and more predictable way. My only problem was that I couldn't figure out how to get the plastic under the marbled image to lift it out until I stumbled on a genius post on More Nail Polish and realized the plastic goes on top of the polish, not underneath... Duh! Make sure to check out her tutorial on the technique. I was so pleased with the result that I have been wearing this manicure all weekend long and that's really saying a lot :)



For the manicure I used Sinful Colors Sugar Sugar and Black on Black

I need to get more practice, but now with a technique that works I'm so excited to try more...

What do you think? Have you tried the out-of-water water marble?

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)