Sunday Stamping: Over Glitter

Sunday, November 4, 2012
Kind of a late post today, but I'm getting a late start on the day in general and just taking it easy after having a wonderful time with friends at a Halloween party last night. It was so fun to see everyone's costumes this year. I went as a witch, if you are curious ;)

This week the theme for Sunday Stamping in Adventures in Stamping is "over glitter". It gives me the perfect opportunity to try a polish that has been in my untried stash for way too long. Plus, I got to play with some of my new plates and polishes that I showed you yesterday...


For the base of this manicure, I started out with Revlon Facets of Fuchsia (over black). I stamped using KleanColor Metallic Yellow and Cheeky Jumbo plate "B". A lovely reader yesterday warned me that the Metallic Yellow can really gunk up the stamping plate, so I made sure to clean out the image after every stamping. I tend to do that on detailed images regardless of the polish I'm stamping with, but really made sure to do it with this one and appreciate the tip! The Metallic Yellow stamped beautifully...


One of my co-workers was recently explaining Steampunk to me and last night I went to a Halloween party where a friend was dressed in a Steampunk costume. This kind of reminds me of the gears that are so popular it that. Although it also reminds me of beautiful Indian designs, which is in no way even close to Steampunk, so I'll let you decide what it looks like to you...


I would have called this one a gold, but technically it is a metallic yellow I guess the name does fit...


Revlon Facets of Fuchsia is a black jelly base with fuchsia glitter in two different sizes. I applied two coats over black (Wet 'n Wild Black Creme) since I didn't want to bother with a ton of coats to build to opacity. The formula is great, the glitter spreads evenly without much effort...


When it first came out, it was thought to be a dupe for Deborah Lippmann Bad Romance and from the comparison swatches I've seen, I can say they look pretty similar. I don't own Bad Romance to do a comparison of my own. I managed to get this last year when it was disappearing off the shelves as soon as stores managed to get new stock...


Even though I've had this polish for more than a year and chased all over the place to find it, this is the first time that I'm actually using it. Now, every time I think of chasing after limited edition or hard to find polishes I remember this little lady and suddenly regain sanity...



Swatch Details
Brand: Revlon
Collection: Limited Edition
Color Name/Number: Facets of Fuchsia, 940
Number of coats: 2 (over black)
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Revlon has since renamed Facets of Fuchsia added it to their main line under the name of Scandalous (761). So if you didn't get it in the rush of when it first came out, you can now calmly go to a store and pick one up. Having tried it, I can say it really is a beauty that I'm happy to own it. Hopefully I'll wear it more often now :)

Have any of you spent time chasing down a polish that ended up sitting in your untried pile for a while?

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)