CQ Ivory stamped

Friday, July 6, 2012
Not sure why, but I have been craving yellow polishes. Not the bright neon yellow, but the pastel, baby chick yellow. This sweet polish named Ivory from CQ was just right for the mood. It is sweet and completely wearable on its own, but I stamped it with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Coco a-go-go and Mash plate Mash-44. I edged the nails using Coco a-go-go to give it a more finished look.


This pattern and the whole manicure reminds me of something from my childhood growing up in Belorussia. I can't quite pinpoint on what it reminds me of, but wheat straw was/is frequently used for decoration and weaving. I don't have a suitable image to show you, just going of childhood memories here :)



CQ Ivory is just as the name describes. A soft ivory color. Nearly white with just a hint of yellow. The polish does have a bit of a pearly shimmer to it, but it is hardly noticeable. The formula was very easy to work with and opaque in two coats. Smooth like butter (and kind of looks like it too)...




Swatch Details
Brand: CQ
Collection: main line
Color Name/Number: Ivory, 563
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)