Colorama Absinto Cowgirls Up...

Friday, June 15, 2012
I think I may have really lost it when naming this post. In any case, today I wanted to show you another Brazilian polish that I got in a swap with Fran of Francirocks. This is Colorama Absinto. According to Google translator, Absinto means Absinthe which is a green aromatic liqueur. I tend to picture Absinthe much brighter and greener, but I'm no liqueur expert so we'll leave it at that.


Instead of liqueur, the color somehow made me think of cowgirl dresses and boots. Something I would expect paired with brown leather and detail. Just to show you what I'm talking about, I found a few examples...




Getting back to the manicure, I stamped two cowboy/girl themed images from the new Mash-37 plate. The stamps worked flawlessly, but I did smudge the horseshoe pattern when applying my top coat and didn't have time for a re-do. For the stamping polish I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Coco a-go-go. I think the manicure turned out pretty cute, despite the smudges...



Colorama Absinto is a pretty mint green with just the slightest green shimmer. The shimmer was kind of a surprise as I did not notice it at all in the bottle, but it did catch my eye as I was applying the polish. The formula and application were great. The brush was wonderful to work with. It is a bit sheer, so this is three coats with a top coat...





Swatch Details
Brand: Colorama
Collection: Cremoso
Color Name/Number: Absinto
Number of coats: 3
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

I would love to know your thoughts on this manicure!

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)