Sunday Stamping with Glitter for Father's Day

Sunday, June 17, 2012
I'm pretty sure there are not too many (any?) fathers regularly reading this blog, but since it is Father's Day in the US, I would like to say Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dad's out there!

In addition to being Father's Day, it is also Sunday Stamping in Adventures in Stamping with the challenge today being a stamped manicure with glitter. I wanted to create something that both fit the challenge as well as Father's Day. Picking out the glitter polish took more thought than usual since we all know that most dads love anything nothing with glitter...


I finally settled on a glitter polish purely for the name. Sinful Colors Daddy's Girl was the winner for this daddy's girl. I stamped using Bundle Monster plate BM-203 and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Presto Pewter, a very manly dark metallic gray. The pattern itself reminds me of men's ties, so I thought it was quite appropriate for the occasion...



It is hard to capture in photos, but the fine glitter of Daddy's Girl looks amazing as it sparkles under lights from underneath the gray...


Sinful Colors Daddy's Girl is a sheer purple jelly with a fine purple fleck/glitter. It is best layered over a more opaque color. The swatches here are four coats and the nail line is still visible much to my frustration. The brush was a bit stiff making it difficult to apply even layers. Aside from the frustration of application, the color is just gorgeous. I will definitely be trying layering combinations with this polish. Swatches are with a top coat...




I'm such a fan of these fleck glitters...


Swatch Details
Brand: Sinful Colors
Collection: main
Color Name/Number: Daddy's Girl, 841
Number of coats: 4
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

I would love to know what you think of this manicure!
And... are you doing anything special for your father this Father's Day?

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)