Sunday Stamping: Pet Day

Sunday, May 27, 2012
After my failed Sunday Stamping attempt, I decided to rethink the mani and come up with something else. I was still set on a kitty manicure so I picked two other kitties that I liked. Somehow these are a little more Halloween to me which is why I didn't choose them at first, but I really like how this turned out...


For the base I used Zoya Carey and then randomly stamped skelly fish using Zoya Kelly to create a background pattern. I have been trying to find an occasion to use those skelly fish and I finally found one! I used the fish from Red Angel plate RA-107, but there is an identical one on Shany plate SH02. I'm sure lots of others out there as well. The cats were stamped with Wet 'n Wild Black Creme using Bundle Monster plate BM02 and Shany plate SH08. 


To finish the manicure, I felt it needed a black edge, but I didn't want to do full black tips. I tried something that I first saw done by The Nail Buff a long, long time ago. It is just like wrapping tips, but instead of using the base color, a contrasting color is used. I loved the way it looked on her manicure and have been meaning to try it ever since. It is very subtle here, but really finished off the manicure for me...


A few bonus swatches of Zoya Carey, a beautiful soft gray cream. Formula on this one is just perfect, very smooth. Two coats for full coverage. The swatches are with no top coat...




Thanks for looking and commenting!
Anutka :)