Fashion Friday: Wet 'n Wild I Need a Refresh-Mint... Dress

Friday, April 13, 2012
I have decided that my fashion inspired manicures will make their appearance on Fashion Fridays. It won't be a weekly feature since the pressure of that will kill the fun for me, but when I make something that fits the theme, I will post it on a Friday. To start out the feature I want to show you a manicure inspired by a little summer dress that I stumbled upon on StyleSalad.com via Pinterest.


For the base of the manicure I used Wet 'n Wild I Need a Refresh-Mint. I have been trying to resist this polish even after seeing all the lovely swatches online, but I happened to see it on sale for 97 cents and just couldn't say no. The white pattern was added using Wet 'n Wild French White Creme. Instead of trying to describe how I made this, I'm working on a tutorial to show you. I'm so happy with how it turned out...

UPDATE: Tutorial for this manicure is now available here...




Wet 'n Wild I Need a Refresh-Mint is a pretty sea-foam cream. It is a recently released polish, since the redesign of the megalast bottles. I love the new bottle shape and size (13.5mL vs 9mL in the old bottles). The new brush however leaves something to be desired for me. It is pretty stiff so it leaves streaks during application and it is huge! It covered my pinkie in just one stroke and I happen to have fairly wide nail beds. Someone with narrow nail beds could have difficulty with this brush.

The formula itself was good. It dries slightly darker than original color. A problem I had with this polish is that it stains. I had to redo one of the nails and forgot to apply a base coat. That nail is now stained blue while all the other nails (that had a basecoat on) are fine. So make sure to use a good basecoat with this polish! This is two coats plus a top coat...




Swatch Details
Brand: Wet 'n Wild
Collection: Megalast
Color Name/Number: I Need a Refresh-Mint/Menthe Fraiche, C218A
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)


Just a few quick shots of the brush. As you can see, the stem of the brush is just a tiny bit smaller than the inner diameter of the bottle neck...


A comparison to other brushes.
Top to bottom: Borghese, old Wet 'n Wild megalast, Rimmel, new Wet 'n Wild megalast brush, OPI
Biggest nail polish brush I've seen yet :D


I would love to know what you think of the manicure... the color... the new brush! :D

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)