LA Colors Color Craze - Purple

Friday, June 10, 2011
The final polish in the Shimmer Brights collection from LA Colors turned out to be one of my favorites. It is a bright shimmery purple that applied like a dream. Unlike the lime, rasberry, and orange before it, it took only 2 coats to be fully opaque! It is packed full of fine glitter. I wore it just by itself all day and did not want to take this one off...

Here it is with just two coats and a top coat.


I did catch a little sun break in between all the clouds, but not enough to fully appreciate the gorgeous shimmer...


I tried to do some nail art in the evening and was not really pleased with the result, which made it easier to want to take it off. First I painted a slanted white tip using Wet n Wild French White Creme and scotch tape. The picture in my head looked great, but sadly on the nail the white was just way to loud and distracting. I covered it with another coat of the purple to tone down the white and ended with a half dark/half light purple nail. Way better than the white, but really boring. I accented it with a few silver strokes using Essence Nail Art Silver Surfer to give it some interest. Not bad, kind of like it, but need more practice with the strokes... way to fat :D



I'll be wearing this purple again for sure... Any suggestions of better ways to accent it?

Brand: LA Colors
Line: Color Craze
Collection: Simmer Brights
Color Name/Number: ??? (calling it Purple)

Toluene, Formaldehyde & DBP free!

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)