Sunday Stamping: Light Stamp Over Dark

Sunday, January 13, 2013
Today's Sunday Stamping theme of light stamp over a dark base gave me the perfect excuse to create a manicure I've been wanting to do for a while. When I first saw this stamping pattern, I couldn't help but get the feeling of deja vu. At the time I couldn't figure out what it was all about and it wasn't until weeks later when I finally realized what it was. The trash can that stands under my desk has this exact pattern on it. Really, I mean this exact pattern. It would be a crime not to replicate it on my nails...


Are you ready for this? Here is the trash can...


And again, here is the manicure...
I started out with a pure black base using Sinful Colors Black on Black. I stamped it with my favorite silver, Pure Ice Silver Mercedes. The pattern comes from Cheeky plate CH6. It would have been perfect if I didn't hit my index finger and smudge it, but I still really love this manicure. I'll be keeping this one on the rest of the day today...




Yes, I am posing with the trash can. That is definitely a first for me :D



What was the strangest thing you have been inspired by?

Thanks for looking and commenting!
Anutka :)