Happy New Year!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013
I hope everyone had a fun New Years celebration! I had a wonderful time with family and friends that is continuing into today. I'm sneaking in a few minutes for the post. For the festivities I went with a glequin manicure. I knew that I wanted to do this ever since the bling manicure last month. It was definitely way more over the top, sparkly and time consuming than it needed to be, but lots of fun...


I started out with a simple black base of Wet 'n Wild Black Creme which I covered row by row in holographic silver and red glitter to spell out 2013 on my left hand. I ran out of time and energy to repeat the same on the right hand and went for just holographic silver on the rest of the nails...


This is definitely not something I will be doing every year! It took entirely to long on a day when I didn't have the time to spare. Each nail takes about 10-20 minutes to do. The nails with a pattern took longer as did all the nails on my right hand. I guess that is pretty much all of them...


Sadly the holographic effect of the glitter didn't turn out well in the photos! It sparkles like a crazy disco ball at all times! My 2 year old niece didn't want to let to of my fingers. She had to study and try to twist each one to see the sparkles...




A bit of the holographic effect showing up in this photo and in the little jar of glitter above...


To create the number pattern I found a simple hex grid pattern online and planned out the number as I was going to do them. Since they are added row by row it definitely helps to have it all planned out.


Happy New Year Everyone!!

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)