Tutorial Tuesday: Nail Polish Stain Removal

Tuesday, October 16, 2012
I nearly had a panic attack yesterday when I discovered that my nails were stained neon pink after removing the gel manicure. I turned to a trick that I first learned about from Another Bottle of Polish?! and have been happily using ever since. This has saved my nails from all sorts of awful stains including yellow, blue and now pink. Hopefully you will find this quick trick as useful as I have...

Supplies:
  • Whitening Toothpaste
  • Nail Brush (or a toothbrush dedicated to nails...)

Steps:

Instructions:
  1. Remove as much polish and stain as you can with nail polish remover
  2. Apply whitening toothpaste to the nails and massage it in with your fingertips (pretty!)
  3. Using a slightly wet nail brush scrub the nails being careful not to damage them
  4. Rinse off the toothpaste. If needed, repeat steps 2 and 3 to further remove staining 
  5. Done! Treat your nails/cuticles to some nice oils to restore the moisture
NOTE: This works best for "fresh" stains right after removing the nail polish. It does not work well for removing set in yellow stains that develop over time from wearing dark polishes.

I hope you find this useful! I would love to know what you think of this or if you have used this method before!

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)