Mint Mani for TaliaJoy

Saturday, July 20, 2013
I'm a day late with posting this, but I really wanted to take part in Nail Polish Wars' wonderful idea to create a mint manicure in honor of Talia Castellano aka TaliaJoy18. If you have not heard of Talia, she was a beautiful 13 year old girl, a talented make-up and nail artist, honorary Cover Girl and an all around sweetheart who never stopped smiling. Sadly, she lost her battle with cancer last Tuesday. Her last Instagram pic was a mint manicure, so to honor her here this is my mint mani...


I remember watching Ellen DeGeneres' interview with Talia and when Ellen asked her how she stays so positive despite what she is going through, Talia replied with a smile on her face "a little fishy told me 'just keep swimming, just keep swimming...'" A great lesson for all of us.

Although my little fishy does not look like Dori from Nemo who originally spoke those encouraging words, I at least tried to get the coloring right...


For the manicure I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mint Sorbet followed by a coat of Maybelline Express Finish Sunlight for a bit of gold shimmer. I stamped the seaweed pattern from Bundle Monster plate BM-225 using Barielle Sweet Addiction.


I stamped the fishy from Shany plate SH19 using Essence Stamp Me! Black and colored it in using acrylic paint...



Rest in peace Talia Joy!

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)