Franken Gone Wrong... Continued...

Wednesday, March 20, 2013
First of all I would like to say thank you for all your wonderful feedback to my Franken Gone Wrong post. I am glad to know I'm not alone in this. Some of you had this happen to them, some offered logical explanations for the color change (cooper vs true gold) and some of you were intrigued by the resulting green and requested samples. I debated if I was brave enough to swatch this and turns out I am. My nails have not fallen off yet and I'm really hoping that remains the case. For now, here are a few swatches as requested...


In terms of application, it is much thicker than the clear version it started out as. In fact is is quite goopy at this point. Surprisingly the application was not bad and neither was the dry time. It was about what I would expect for a jelly. It has gotten darker over the last 24 hours and the gold flakes seem to be dissolving. One reader yesterday mentioned that on her attempt at this, the flakes did indeed eventually disintegrate. I'm anticipating this to happen here as well...

Left to right: 3 coats of franken alone, 2 coats over OPI My Vampire is Buff, 2 coats over Color Club Wild Cactus...


Three coats of the franken alone... The nail line is still visible, but actually pretty decent coverage alone at 3 coats...


Two coats over OPI My Vampire is Buff...

Two coats over Color Club Wild Cactus... probably my favorite combination...

Just a quick shot of what it looks like today... the flakes that at the bottom are currently stuck and won't come up even with shaking...


And here is what it looked like yesterday... it is lighter and visibly larger flakes...


Hope that answers some questions :)

P.S. I issue an official apology for referring to St. Patrick's Day as St. Patty's Day. Apparently it is St. Paddy's Day and not St. Patty's Day. Obviously I have no Irish background and just had no clue. I stand corrected! I had to google my mistake and came across this fun site which explains the difference... paddynotpatty.com. I take solace the fact that I am not alone in making this mistake or there wouldn't be a site dedicated to educating those of us who get it wrong :D

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)