Essence Grey-t To Be Here

Monday, September 24, 2012
Last weekend was my cousin's masquerade ball birthday party. I made a lacy black mask and of course my nails had to match with a swirly pattern. It was great to be back in a crafty mood. Now if I could just keep the momentum going. Although that would probably dig into my manicure time so for let's just look at this....


I recently added a few of the new Essence Colour & Go polishes to my collection. Even though I have more than enough gray, I couldn't resist the pretty Essence Grey-t To Be Here with it's pretty shimmer. I stamped using Wet 'n Wild Black Cream and Bundle Monster plate BM-314...




Since I'm sure you are really wanting to know how my mask turned out, here is a peek. I made it using a really easy tutorial from Sprinkles and Springs. Absolutely love how it turned out. I'm sure I'll wear it again some day...


Essence Grey-t To Be Here is a lovely dove gray with a subtle pink shimmer. The pink shimmer is what sets it apart from all the other similar grays in my collection. I do love gray probably more than I should, but this one somehow felt cold and sadly didn't go well with my skin tone. I'm crazy about the shimmer in it though. Formula on this was a bit on the thick side, I added a few drops of thinner before using. Two coats to reach full opacity, but I used three to even out the coverage. Swatches are with a top coat...


I'm very happy that Essence chose to make their polish bottles a bit bigger, now 8mL vs the old 5mL bottles, but they doubled the price as a result. They have a nice wide brush which works really well for application. Just wish these bottles were a bit easier to photograph, but I suppose that's just a blogger's issue ;)



Very pretty little shimmer. Pink and gray go so well together...


Swatch Details
Brand: Essence
Collection: main
Color Name/Number: Grey-t to be Here, 142
Number of coats: 3
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)